Spring Cleaning and Why it is Important to Include Your Carpets
It is Spring time, which means we are going to start cleaning to prepare for warmer weather. While you clean the rest of your home during your yearly spring-cleaning routine, you should also consider your carpets. A lot of sand, dirt, dust, salt, and debris have made your carpet home over the Winter months, and it would be good to do a deep cleaning for your carpet as well. Here are some tips to help your Spring Cleaning go a little more smoothly.
Why Spring Carpet Cleaning is Important
· Including your carpets in your Spring-Cleaning helps keep your home healthy and clean throughout all the seasons by removing unnecessary dirt. Your carpet catches all the dirt, dust, and debris brought in from your family and pets. Carpets provide the perfect breeding ground for mold and bacteria to infiltrate your home and make you and your love ones sick. Therefore, it is important to implement routine cleanings. Dirty carpets also effect the air quality of your home causing serious issues such as asthma, allergies, and lung related complications.
· Cleaning your carpets routinely also helps improve the longevity of your carpet’s life span over time. It also helps make your home more appealing over all when you have guests come to your home. Routinely cleaning your carpets helps ward off deep seeding stains and dirt that gets down in the carpet fibers.
· It also helps with preventing insect infestation which could not only damage your carpet, but travel to other areas of your home, which could prove to be harmful. Some species of insects enter a hibernation allowing for the larva to start maturing once the temperature start to warm up. This will prevent the insects from bedding down into your carpet destroying the carpet fibers.
· Routine cleanings also can help you save money in the long run. It helps preserve your carpet and improves the lifespan and keeps you from having to spend a lot of money on replacement carpet.
Quick Tips for Clean Carpets
· There are a variety of tips to help you get stains out of your carpet. For wine stains baking soda will be your best friend for the tricky liquid stains that just don’t want to come out. Mix a half cup of baking soda to 2 cups of vinegar to make a solution you can spray on the stain. Once you have sprayed the solution on the stain allow it 15 to 20 minutes to absorb the stain. Using a clean cloth or sponge pat the area gently to remove the liquid.
· You can use both detergent and dish soap to help remove grease stains. Oil and grime are hard to remove with solely water alone. So, we suggest adding dish soap or laundry detergent to help break down some of the stains that can be harder to remove like grease. This solution will break down the oil and grease with ease, allowing you to clean up the stain without trouble.
Remember regular cleaning and maintenance such as vacuuming will help you create better air quality and a cleaner home. For all things carpet related call the experts at Blue’s Carpet Cleaning as we would happy to assist in your Spring cleaning today. Call (719) 494-1440 to schedule your appointment now!